Are electric mountain bikes for you?
You’ve caught the bug for electric mountain bikes and want to expand your boundaries. Like us, you believe that nothing should stand between you and your next great ride, including big climbs, headwinds and rugged trails you couldn’t otherwise be able to explore.
The tech you get.
A lightweight and durable aluminium frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail. An amazing Bosch Performance CX motor that assists up to 20 mph (25 km/h in Europe), and an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller. A RockShox Recon RL fork, a Shimano 1×12 drivetrain and Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 tubeless-ready wheels.
The final word.
With the Trek Powerfly 5, you get an air-spring fork that’s smooth and adjustable for your own weight, plus more powerful 4-piston brakes and wheels that make it easy to ditch the tubes for better traction and flat protection.
Why you’ll love it!
- It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not.
- Trek’s Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly. TheRIB system fully hides the battery in the frame for protection and, makes it easy remove the battery without tools while still letting you mount a water bottle cage.
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain.
- The Shimano drivetrain gives you a lot of gears and a wider gear range, so you can always find the right cadence for getting the most out of the motor.
- You can boost your Powerfly’s utility by adding a rack and mudguards, plus built-in wiring lets you easily install lights powered by the motor.